Retro 60s Drums features more than 1000 drum loops and single hit samples suitable for many of today's alt rock, R&B, pop and funk recordings. Think of stuff like The Black Keys, Jack White, The Strokes or Band of Skulls. Or even some neo-soul like John Legend, Aloe Blacc and Mayer Hawthorne a la James Brown. California surf punk too.
Performed by Billy Martin and inspired by Hendrix, "Retro Drums" features a crisp, unproduced sound and feel. Authentic 1960s drums, cymbals and vintage recording gear and techniques were used to re-create these classic 60s sound as accurately as possible. The live audio drum loops cover a wide range of stylistic emulations of Mitchell's signature grooves and fills, and offered in tempo-stretchable Acid WAV, Apple Loop and REX formats. Organized into 21 Song Sets (tm): variations, fills, intros, stops, and endings are all included for virtually infinite groovy retro drum track creations in your favorite recording software or DAW.
Billy Martin is an internationally acclaimed drummer/multi percussionist for Medeski, Martin and Wood. Well known and highly respected for his innovative rhythms, creative approach, and manic improvisational skills over a wide range of styles, Billy continues to push the art of drumming and rhythm to a higher level. He is also a highly sought after drum instructor and musical educator. Retro 60s Drums produced by Submersible Music in association with Drums On Demand.
Previews: MP3 previews of all 21 Song Sets. Each made with 5-6 loops each. Trouble with this player? Click on the CD cover at the bottom of the player.
Due to the style of music and production, Retro 60s Drums features a modifed DOD naming system. Instead of verse and chorus song parts, we have named the grooves Riff1, Riff2, etc. Additional name extentions are exactly like our patented, hiearchical naming system. (You may remember, we used this same approach on our Manic Metal volumes as well.) And as noted by the same Song Set names, there are a number of similar Song Sets at different BPMs.
- More than 825 drum loops, plus nearly 200 multi-velocity single hits.
- A whopping 80 minutes of content (1.4 gigs in 24-Bit Format)
- Organized into 21 Song Set BPM folders featuring several riffs and associated fills, alts, intros, etc.
- Average of about 40 loops, fills, etc. per Song Set.
- High-end 44.1K mix; royalty-free license (like all our volumes)
- Meticulously hand-edited and tagged for tempo shifting
- 24-Bit & 16-Bit WAV (Acidized), Apple Loops and REX formats ($49.95)
- Digital download or shipped on data DVD.